Before I forget, I just have to write down what Rachel called Utah when we were on our way there to visit my parents in Logan this summer. She said, "Are we in Tootie Tah yet?" And Tiffany was insisting that I do "Blinkos" on her nails. I couldn't figure it out and then realized she was asking for sprinkles, or sparkles. =) So cute!
We took three vacations this summer. Our kick-off was the Taylor Family Reunion which was held in Las Vegas this year. I love how these annual get-togethers not only keep our families unified but strengthens our bonds each year. We went to Arizona for the 4th of July weekend and it was the most fun I've ever had there. Uncle Kim has been working on the house which runs from a generator so everything was usable, water, lights, propane. I got to cook =) We had Mama Sandra there and Aunt Robyn. Kim and Liz came over. We had friends from the nearby town, Woodruff, come for dinner. Games for the kids in town, a rodeo at night, and of course testimony meeting on Sunday with all the townspeople that helped my father with me when I was a little girl just after my parents divorce. I had a lot of fun on that vacation!! Then we went to Logan UT to visit my Noorda parents. They have a fun small house right across the street from the temple. They took us on a hike to the head of the Cub River where if you go to the end of the trail, you can see water coming right out of the mountain to form a stream that goes down the way you come up. Then we stopped and had ice cream on our way to the Logan Zoo. The kids were so tired and fighting with each other in the car. (Kids get so offended and are so much more dramatic when they are exhausted, I think for an adult you would call it delirious.) But grandma didn't want to waste a big chink of the day fighting to get kids to take a nap, she insisted that we go to the zoo. Followed by the park. She cooked a nice pork roast for dinner and the kids went to bed quite easily. The next day we drove around trying to find a sacrament meeting. Grandma and grandpa were thinking of their ward meeting time from St. George, so we where never at a chapel at the right time and ended up going back to my parents house to do a sacrament meeting. We were very blessed to have grandma sing primary songs with the kids and to hear grandpa's testimony. We had a wonderful time. Our last vacation was to Disneyland. Our kids have never been before! =) We had a nice hotel that was walking distance from the Park. We had a packed day and rode all the rides we wanted to the first day. We even bought the girls a baby Minnie and a baby Tinkerbell. Elijah just grabbed some doll so he could get something too. I said, "wouldn't you rather have a shirt or something?" He said, "Yeah", and tossed that thing back. He picked out a nice blue t -shirt that had a picture of Disneyland on the front. It coast just as much as those dolls. We saved probably $50 by packing lunches instead of buying them there! It was so convenient to have prepared snacks and food and water in our backpack. We could eat in line for rides. The lines weren't too bad either because they kept moving. The only line that was over an hour was the line to take a picture with Mickey Mouse, and Tiffany buried her face on my shoulder refusing to look at the camera, haha! The next day we went to California Adventures and just took it easy. We'd never been there before so we didn't have a mental list of rides or any expectations. It was quite relaxing. :) We went to church the next day, very nice ward. The building smelled old and moldy. Of course California is a more humid climate, churches don't ever smell that way in Las Vegas. It's just a special CA treat!
Being back home feels good. We are really ready to get back into a routine. I'm excited that Elijah is a big kid now and is going into 1st grade! I get to keep Rachel for one more year and I've got to make this good because it's that last time in her life that she'll be home full-time! I'm excited to pick up the social life with friends again. I really wish we had a once a week playgroup in our ward. Ashley Merback told me today that there is a lady in her ward who has a pool that she opens up on Wednesdays from noon to whenever for the moms and kids. I thought that would be fun. Shoot we still have two more good swimmin' months here!
Anyway, I'm thankful for my family. The hardest part id fighting kids! I'm thankful for my home and am looking forward to reclaiming it once school is in session, haha! I'm thankful for friends and good health, cooler weather, makeup, and on and on.
2 comments:
I'm so glad your kids had fun at Disneyland! It realy is such a magical place for children.
what a fun, filled summer! Glad you guys had a good time! I'm with ya on the going back to school. My kids just went off track. I three weeks they will all be back in school! It will be just me and Becca for half the day, then I will watch my little nephew!It will be a nice break!
Post a Comment