The most important purpose I have is to love, care for, and nurture my husband and children. Anything that takes precedence over them is a deterrant from my ultimate goal. ~Audrey Taylor
Friday, April 3, 2009
IEP Meeting
My friend Irasema went with me to Elijah's IEP meeting this morning. She is in his primary presidency and has known him since he was born; also worked as a special education teacher for the school district. His teachers had sooo many good things to say about him. I was so happy I was crying! They say he is very smart and likes to help peoplpe. He notices when other children are sad or need help and he is there for them. Next year Elijah will be in Kindergarten and the classroom will be more structured than pre-K. Because he does even better in structured settings we are all thinking he will be a very successful student. Our son has come such a long way and his teachers think that if he was tested, he would not qualify or need an IEP. However, he will be transitioning to a new school, with a new teacher, and new peers after a long summer break, so we are keeping the support services there until Elijah transitions and continues to progress just being on "consult". Next step - Exiting. YAAAAAY ELIJAH, mommy loves you, you're doing such a good job and we're all so proud of you!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That's so exciting! Elijah is a great little boy!!
Good Job Elijah!!! We kept all of Logan's speech services open when he switched schools too. He really didn't go to speech a whole lot that year, but it was nice to know the option was there if the need presented itself.
hooray. i'm feeling happy with you!
Love that! Youre a good mama.
Oh Audrey, I just cry thinking about it. He is so lucky to be placed in your family. You are such a special person I'm glad he will be raised in a rightous home. The story of Elijah is a miracle and I don't think anyone will understand how Heavenly Father directed him to your home. It was amazing and I'm glad I got to witness it.
Audrey it was such a pleasure to be at an IEP that I didn't have to plan and that was so positive. Thank you so much for asking me to go along. Everytime I see Elijah I marvel at how wonderful he is. I know I've told you this before, but I love your kids and when I look at your son I see a wonderful, strong(spritually)missionary, husband and father. I know it's many years away... but it will happen the IEP this Friday was proof!!!! Love ya tons!!!
That is so awesome! I am so excited for him! Yahoo for Elijah!!!
Post a Comment