Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Friendship is so great!

This week is Easter Break and my friend Kim is a school teacher. She told me last week that she wanted to plan an outing each day so that she wouldn't go crazy being at home with her little ones all day. So we made a schedule and in it we included a day where we send the kids to our favorite babysitter and just have a ladies day out. So today was our day out. We began by going to breakfast at Blueberry Hill, then we walked around the casinos down on the strip. The only money we spent there was to get massages- well worth it and much needed. Then we went to see a movie Knowing with Nicolas Cage. I liked it, it was very interesting. We then went to the Galleria Mall to stop by Victoria's Secret because I had a gift card for free undies and $10 off a purchase. When we came home to pick up our children (whom we missed very much) we decided we still needed to do some Easter candy shopping. I drove thru Panda Express on the way home from the babysitter's house and Kim watched my kids for me while I went out. Before I left she had a fortune from one of the cookies. She showed her daughter but said I had to wait to see it. When I came home I noticed that my dishes were done and the house was orderly. I said, "I knew you were going to do that, I told you not to." She said, "Come here, let me show you my fortune." It read:
- Find the road to happiness by helping others.-
My heart was so touched, I asked her if I could keep her fortune for my journal. I just had to share this experience with you because even after a great day out with my friend, she still even found another way to make my life so bright!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Audrey you deserve special friends, cuz you are SPECIAL!!!

i said...

glad you had a wonderful day!!!

Darci Buhl said...

What a perfect day. I need one of those:) I'm glad you guys are doing good. See you at Brighton's wedding next week!

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

What a nice day! I need a girls day out! What a very thoughtful friend. I need to be a better friend.

Michelle said...

What an awesome day... and what an awesome friend!!

Tiffany said...

How sweet! I love having good friends and YOU are such a sweetheart too! I am so happy that you got to do that because you totally deserve it!!!!!

1..2..3..Painter Team said...

what a nice friend-that is how I want to be. Unfortunatley I am not there yet!!!