Saturday, March 14, 2009

What is God's Glory?

D&C 88 (it's a long one, I got to verse 73 today). The earth is a celestial one and it didn't describe why, but I think it's because even after being abused it still obeys God's cammands and produces so much beauty. That is kind of like the Savior and is how we should be too. People who are righteous will live on the earth in it's quicked or ressurected state when God's presence glorifies it. I followed this study with a personal prayer that I could not waste my time and purpose while here, but that I would be blessed with a sober mind and have an eye single to the glory of God. Afterwards, I pondered what His glory is and immediately came to the computer to write it down. To me, I understand that God's glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. I desire to be focused on helping teach people, members and non-members alike, about baptism and temple covenants and to prepare to live a celestial life in the presence of God for all of eternity. Those who have light and truth have God's Spirit in them and have comprehension or discernment. This led to one more thought which is when we have understanding we don't get angry with people. Even if we do not have a full understanding, but have faith and an eye single to His glory, we choose to not be angry and are able to teach and love more thus becoming more like our Savior.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love blogging!!!!! It gives us the opportunity to write down our thoughts,goals,testimonies and so much more! I love that you came straight to the computer to write it down...AWESOME!!!
My all time favorite word is FAITH!!!! I breathe it, live it and LOVE it! I totally agree that if we keep an eye single to HIS GLORY.....miracles will happen!!!!!
You rock!

Michelle said...

I have been wanting to leave you a comment for quite a while now... in fact, a couple of posts ago I wrote a nice long comment about unity (as I recall), but it was accidently deleted when my husband turned off the computer not realizing that I was in the middle of something. Anyway, I tried to have understanding, which probably would have come easier after reading this particular post! I just wanted to thank you for looking at my blog, and tell you that I feel like I know you already through Julie. After your last birth she called and told me all about it!
Anyway, since you commented on my blog I have been reading yours, and I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your thoughts. You always have something worthile and uplifting to say.

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Hey Audrey, I totally lack with home decorating. I am no good at it and I don't have a budget for it. We'd love to hang out again!