This was just a thought I had while driving in the car a couple mornings ago. I haven't really developed my thought. (just give me a piece of paper and a pen and I could...)
"Be one with the earth. Be one with God. Be one with each other." ..and I thought, "That's Zion." Things are happening within the earth that were prophesied in the scriptures and I saw on the news that global warming is happening faster than expected. No I don't believe everything I hear or read, and I'm not a paranoid organic-eater. But I do know that with the fires, melting ice, earthquakes, etc. there is irreversable damage being done. We have not yet experienced the locusts taking over our crops or diseases that wipe out an entire society recently. But I believe our earth will one day get to that point. I am learning how to garden because I want to learn how to work with the earth and grow food. Carrots, green onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and hopefully oranges and apples.
I have an aerobics instructor who is a meditator and she always has comments on the universe. I think it is also vital that we are not in touch with the earth alone, but also with the Holy Ghost. We should learn how to take care of natural resources God put here for man's good, but we should daily study the scriptures, pray, and follow the promptings we get from the Spirit because our Heavenly Father knows ALL things and we cannot depend on the earth alone. If my husband told me one thing and the weather man commented differently, I would go with the priesthood holder!
Of course there is the earth, the Spirit, and then we are not alone. We live here with 7 billion other people. (I don't really know how many people are in the world...) I'm so grateful for those who impact my life for the better and whose lives I have had the opportunity to touch. I think the more we learn about the gospel and about Jesus Christ, the more we will be unified.
A lot of us that are here now have it stated in our patriarchal blessing that we are here to prepare Zion for the Second Coming of our Savior. So please, contribute to my thought and add your own personal lesson on becoming one. I love to hear your wisdom, you were placed in my life for a purpose.
8 comments:
Thank You for thinking about our family to put our names in the temple! I really appreciate it. I make it a point to keep the kids home from school and church when they are sick but not everyone else does that and so we end up getting sick a lot.
I have been trying to focus on "Comfort those that stand in need of comfort". I think that helps us to be more unified together. I like your thoughts on the earth. We seem to kill everything we plant but we have been trying to do a lot more homemade things around here. I haven't bought a loaf of bread since the beginning of this year. We are just trying to make a lot of things more natural around here and hope it helps Abby as well as everyone else.
I am not sure where to begin? Man... I have such a passion about doing "good" with or bodies!!!! "Man" has put so much crap in the stores for us to eat and all it does is make us sick!!!! It drives me crazy!! I mean if we can't pronounce a word...why are we eating it??? Our bodies are temples and we should be eating things that are good for us! I really try to eat natural. it's hard but so worth it! i don't think I have one boxed dinner food in my pantry and we don't eat canned veggies because what's the point, there is NO nutrition value in that at all! My husband is the gardner and has a ton of good things for us to eat! I love it! I love knowing that my kids are getting good food to eat because "WE" are responsible for them and their well being!!!!! Now... my kids have their moments for sure and we do have our treats but all in all it's healthy!!
I stress to read the labels... you will be amazed! Seriously... it stinks! The world is all about money! I could go on and on!!!! UGH!! Good for you and Natali for doing more natural things!!! YAhoo!!!! It's so worth it!!!
BTW- thanks so much for the AWESOME comments you leave on my blog! I love it so much and it really makes my day!!! You rock!!!!
You are lovely Audrey. What hit me last week was how latter day saint women can be so harsh...including me. I was sitting in a group of women talking about the lady who had a whole bunch of little ones. The comments were mean and not uplifting. I realized right there that sometimes we can be cruel without knowing it. I thought about Pres. Hinkley and how he is always so positive and how he would have thought of something positive to say about this woman. He would have wanted to bring her into the fold by being kind, loving, through service. I was glad I recognized that fault I often see in myself and others. I hope that women will be positive about others and seek to find good in all God's children. I want to be kind and show people I am gentle like the Savior. I'm trying to practice this in my life especially with people who seem so hard on the outside.
Audrey....so true! The house we are moving into has a pear tree and an apricot tree plus some grape vines and Rod and I wanted to remove the trees because we do not care for pears or apricots. Then he came to me and said something I never thought of, he said. Lesli if we have no food and things get worse we will have a supply of food in our back yard! wow how profound I love the priesthood!
Was I too harsh???? Now I think Patti's comment was towards me. I am so sorry if I offended anyone. So Sorry!
I didn't read your comment....now I hope I didn't offend you. :) See now there I go again getting myself in trouble...and on Audrey's blog!! :)
Okay good Pattie! I was worried!!! Yahoo!
i luv u audrey. if i had 2 hans id write more!:) great tyhoughts
Post a Comment