I have the most wonderful thing to write about. My children.
They are doing so good, they are beautiful, and I'll tell you something about each of them:
Rachel- She was so tired tonight she was just crying and crying, the whole way through the bath and every opportunity she had when there was one second she noticed she wasn't crying. I blowdried her hair and it was so soft and silky. Then I put a dress on her (yes, for bed because she is a 'princess'). I carried her downstairs to have a homemade warm brownie with everyone. We all got full (again) on brownies and milk before reading scriptures and going to bed. I laid down next to Rachel to help her fall asleep. As exhausted as she was, she mustered up the rest of her strength to tickle my arm before drifting off to sleep with one leg slumped over me. I looked at her and thought, "You are the most beautiful two-year-old I know."
Elijah- Is excelling in school. He is doing so wonderful at home, school, and church. We implemented a 'plan' this summer. Elijah would do anything for a package of fruit snacks. So we told him he could earn fruit snacks at the end of every day if he was nice to his rival sister, Rachel. He has progressed over the summer. I mean even in the last few weeks. Rachel will taunt him by trying to snag his toy or hit at him and he exhibits sooo much self-control by walking away without being cued. I am so proud of him. He is handsome, helpful, funny, creative, and my all-around good boy.
Tiffany- Is growing up allready. I'm thinking Ben might be able to take me to Brazil for our 10th next November if I'm not pregnant by then. Tiffany will be two. She is figuring out how to work me into doing what she wants like pick her up when she wants the tall-person view. Not just me, but she's figuring out how to get Rachel to play with her. I can tell, she's going to be a teaser. She reached into our bowl of Goldfish crackers today and flung a handful everywhere. When she saw our expressions, she started belly laughing and did it again. She's so small (16 lbs.) and so full of personality. I love to nurse her still. 5 teeth and still gentle!
I wouldn't trade raising these kids for anything in this world. They challenge me and fill me with so much love.
7 comments:
Your kids are getting so big. I agree Elijah has come a long way. He did so good when you guys were here the other day. Rachel is so funny. She reminds me so much of Conner, especially their voices. Tiffany is such a little cutie. She it starting to develop her cute little personality.
ps What a good little mommy you are to read scriptures with your kids already.
Your kids really are so cute. We'll be there on Sunday. What do you want me to bring?
Such sweet things to ahare! I'd love to get together. Maybe after the costumes are done. :) My mom went out of town today so I'm on my own as I finish up.
That is an uplifting post.
I canceled the Halloween thing for this Friday. I am so drained right now. Sorry :(
What a change in your life in just a few short years. You're a great mom.
It was good to see you guys last Sunday! You guys are such a cute family.
It was good to see you guys last Sunday! You guys are such a cute family.
Post a Comment