Destroyed by weevils!!!
Our storage closet is next to the guest bathroom downstairs and when I was bathing Rachel in there this morning there were like tons of little beetle-looking bugs trying to drink from the tub. I got the bugspray, but my second thought was, food storage!

Sure enough these damn bugs found their way into the closet and attacked my years supply of: rice, oats, and dry milk. I had to pull out everything from off of the floor. I cleaned the floor and the walls with bleach and bug spray. I was sooo mad at these little creatures. Really, because I don't curse very often. Ben and I have decided that the best way is to order in the cans. What a sad but important lesson to learn!
13 comments:
That really sucks! It's so frustrating when you are trying to do what you are supposed to and it just gets all ruined! i feel for ya girl!
Oh, man! That is so sad. You might try the big white food-grade buckets for the stuff you rotate more frequently and don't want to can. They have a pretty good seal on them. I hate weevils.
Oh, man! That is so sad. You might try the big white food-grade buckets for the stuff you rotate more frequently and don't want to can. They have a pretty good seal on them. I hate weevils.
Drat, Drat double DRAT!
PS I usually don't like blog music...it startles me or annoys me, but can I just say the nice little spiritual boost I get from your lovely collection? What a thought for the day from one line I heard, "My hands don't need to feel the scars to know you" Wow. What a thought.
That stinks!!! We should get together and go to the cannery and do some canning. I really like doing it in the cans because you don't have to worry about bugs and I love my rotation shelf. They have them at costco now.
The shelves are I believe $259.00 which is alot less than we paid for ours a few years ago.
I have wondered many times why oh why bugs were part of His plan and why they needed to fill their role...which is to torment us!?!?
I'm sorry! That really sucks! We just recently bought a few 25lb bags of wheat. We were told the best way to store them so that they will last 30 years was to use the white plastic bucket with a strong seal but before you put in the wheat you are suppose to put dry ice at the bottom. You can do that with rice as well.
I know that you can get those buckets at home depot. You can click here. for our family blog. I think we have like 5 different blogs. Its crazy!
Ok I don't think that worked so here is our family blog address http://josh-stanley.blogspot.com/ sorry about that!
Ben
Happy Birthday
Love
The Custers
Okay-so I am going to go put my in cans too-I have over a thousand dollars worth of stuff-But I have heard weavils are protien if you do eat them-Not that I would>!!!!!
Like I said before my dear friend. I'll be happy to share with you....any day!
Post a Comment