This has been a very uplifting week as I have enjoyed the pleasure of being part of so many things.
I had prepared my talk for Stake Conference and the next day decided to sew a dress for my littlest daughter. I had gotten ready to go to the store when I recieved a phone call from my very good friend Julie Morris that her waters broke and that I should meet her at the hospital to take video and photos of the birth. For the next two days I was by her side experiencing everything (except the contractions) with her! I felt totally prepared with the talk and so I could enjoy the labor and birth as I didn't have to worry about being prepared. Julie did so well birthing with the best doctor in town, Steven Harter. She walked, did squatts and aerobics, went in the birth tub, ate and drank lots, took four showers in one day, and instead of taking pitocin, did the natural method of bringing on contractions with nipple stimulation. 40 hours after her waters broke, she delivered baby Dallin. He was perfect, with an 8-9 apgar score.
The next day was my 10 year class reunion. I met classmates at a park here in town where we BBQ'd and were introduced to children and spouses. I exchanged phone numbers with some of my best girlfriends from high school and I am really excited about reconnecting with them.
Then I had the privilege of speaking and hearing from Bro. Jim Martino, an area authority, and Elder Hales, one of the twelve apostles. It went really well. You can read my talk on the next post.
Lastly, I got through to the special education director for Clark County School District. We are reconviening the IEP team to place Elijah in a general ed class with an aid who goes in once in a while. Pray that all goes well. It was great news for us, his parents, because we love him so much and desire for him to do well and be successful in school.
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear your comments.
10 comments:
Audrey,
Thanks so much for introducing yourself. I love your blog and am so happy to have a new blog buddy. I am sure we will meet sometime in the future. I loved hearing a little more about Julie's birth and your family looks sweet. I also appriciate your openness about the importance of the gospel in your life. I look forward to reading more.
i'm so glad you had such a good week. julie's baby was born right after she was at my house for a project runway party i have on wednesdays. i guess we all put her into labor.
you're such an awesome momma.
love you!
Audrey!!!! I'm so glad I get to add you to my BLOG list. I have very few as you probably noticed. I love the pictures of the kids....and Ben of course. I wish I could have seen you speak at Stake Conference. Love you!!
I liked reading the talk and especially the comparison to Martial arts. How cool you got to meet with those men!!
I thought once your water broke you had to get the baby out in 24 hours before infection starts spreading to the baby.
What a crazy week you had. I'm glad to hear Julie is doing well. 40 hours in labor ouch. My longest was only 6 hrs. It sounds like your talk went well too. Elijah had a great time at the pinewood derby.
I really enjoyed your talk! It was so great talking to you yesterday!! That is my biggest complaint about living out here- I don't see or talk to anyone- thank heaven's for blogs, email, and phone! Glad Elijah got in- what a blessing for him and you!
Hey Audrey! Finally I have found you. I have talked and talked to Julie about you and calling you and actually Kiera Barney from my old ward. It is sooo weird how we know so many of the same people...and actually my husband knows your husband from high school. So weird anyway. Glad I found you and checkout our blog shannonandbrittneyrhodes.blogspot.com. We will definitely have to get together soon!!!!
Audrey! I loved reading your post. I was just at Julie's today to meet little Dallin and she showed me some of the awesome pictures you took. She was also telling me about your three very varied (say that 10 times fast) birth/adoption experiences. WOW. I am truly impressed. I want to know about your midwife when I get pregnant again - Julie told me she was awesome. Anyway, I am happy to be in touch with you although I just realized I am not sure if you remember me because it has been so many years! My maiden name is Knapp. The last time I saw you was on New Years Day, 2001. You were telling us all about married life and wedding day/night jitters!! ha ha ha. So funny and cute. By the way,I enjoyed the pictures -your family is beautiful! :)
I'm so glad you were there Audrey...and for so much more than taking pictures!!! What a wonderful support you were....right in the middle of all the other stuff going on in you life!
I tagged you!
Post a Comment