Here's your assignment: You're speaking at Stake Conference in two weeks and One of the twelve apostles is going to be there. Your topic is The Spiritual Purpose of Life. You have ten minutes. What are you going to say?
True senario friends. What do you think the spiritual purpose of life is?....
8 comments:
Find joy! That only happens by following the commandments of God, submitting to His will and ultimately becoming like him.
I think the spiritul purpose in life is to learn to live our life just as Jesus Christ did so we can come to understand the significance of the atonement. Only when we submit our entire lives to the Lord will we be able to fully feel the effects of the atonement in our own lives.
PS I was sorry to hear about Paula. I never met her but when I worked for Al I got to talk to Dan alot when he would call. He is such a crack up. I hope they are all doing well.
Our purpose in life is to become like our Father in Heaven! Simple as that.
holey moley girlfriend - i am not jealous of you right now. one time i gave a stake conf talk but i was twelve. the only thing i remember was my new outfit that my mom got me from the gap to where when i spoke. maybe jamo will have some helpful tips for you.
YOU'LL BE AWESOME! IF I WAS STAKE PRESIDENT, I WOULD TOTALLY ASK YOU TO SPEAK!
My mom had a picture on the wall while I was in high school it read:
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spirtiual beings having a human experience."
I believe we were sent here to overcome our natural bodies to become who our Spirit truly is. Does that make sense? This life is our learning ground. Through life we learn to rely on our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They know who we REALLY are and the things we can, and need, accomplish. They let us know through the promptings of the Holy Ghost. We have to live according to their plan so we can always be in tune.
I believe that we are are here to learn who we are. I think it is more than knowing we are children of God. I think we all posess qualities we are unaware of. Through Him he will enable us to attain those qualities. Our goal is to become like Him. He is the only one that can teach us how.
Good luck with your talk.
I know you will do great. I second what everyone else has said. I suppose the best thing to say is what the spirit tells you to say, and I know you will do that.
That sure will be fun...and frightening. What I am I going to say...Glad it's you, not me...even if I do enjoy speaking.
Hmm...I know a really good quote about this. "Always remember that ordinary lifes are spirtually important." I guess that quote helps me with the monotony of marriage, being a mother & not being a sexy Vegas babe anymore.
Post a Comment