Monday, August 11, 2008

Thank You! For your Comments

I love my friends. I love my cute sister-in-laws who comment on my blog.
I have written my talk. I studied through all of the 30+ pages of worldwide training material, read scriptures, thought of analogies, took 8 pages of typed notes, and condensed them to a four-page talk. Interestingly, my theme dissipated as Heavenly Father's message surfaced. The theme of our Stake Conference is strengthening members testimonies with the temple in mind. What I wrote was all about families and the temple. I took the notes and wrote off of them. I had to find a common message and go that route. That is what I came up with. I will prayerfully attend a session tomorrow night and will most likely revise my talk, but I hope it's the right thing. I always want to have a well-developed talk. I only had two weeks. When I reed over it several times and feel good about it, I won't be nervous to deliver it. Just grateful and very excited.

By the way, Angie Larkin's husband is directing our stake choir and HE IS THE BOMB, encouraging and intelligent. This is going to be the best stake conference!

2 comments:

BrieAnn said...

Are you going to post your talk here after you deliver it?

Darci Buhl said...

So how did it go? Did you survive? I spoke in church today too, and thought I was going to die. I cant even imagine stake conference!