Monday, July 7, 2008

Responsible Shopping

I stopped by my local Deseret Industries today to shop for some Sunday videos to help us keep the Sabbath Day Holy. In all I purchased 16 videos, 2 toy trucks, and 4 bathing suits. Guess how much it cost me... a.) $22 b.) $36 c.) $45
Let me give you a hint. Gordon B. Hinckley wrote a book called "The Way To...." Amazing, huh? I'm so excited. Anyone want to come watch a movie and have popcorn?

5 comments:

i said...

I to revel in getting a good deal. My guess is A, but I don't get the clue. :)

i said...

Call when you get this.. we'd love you to come today, wed or fri.

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

I love the DI. I am an avid shopper. Dustin laughs at me. I refuse to spend money on real nice clothes that my kids are going to ruin. If they ruin a shirt or pair of pants, I don't get upset. It only cost 2-3 dollars. The trick I found is going to the DI in areas where people have more money. i always find great things. The one i go to has a line forming when it is not open yet!

Angie Larkin said...

Ahh....it's like Costco. I go in for diapers and 200 dollars later I have a wonderful collection of some new fangled popcicle or three huge tubs of hummus or a bunch of baby books etc...stuff that just finds its way into your basket.

Darrell and Alissa said...

B!!! We don't have a DI- but we do have a Wal-Mart Associate store which has sample items and overstock items from the stores for a really good price!