The most important purpose I have is to love, care for, and nurture my husband and children. Anything that takes precedence over them is a deterrant from my ultimate goal. ~Audrey Taylor
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
BEEE HAPPY
What is it with our new house and wild insects?! Today I put a nice smelling peach cobbler candle on because the missionaries were coming to teach Preach My Gospel lessons to members at my house. I left the back door open so Rachel could go in and out to play (we have a gate around the pool now so we feel much more secure). And when I walked into the kitchen an hour later there were like six bees swarming around in there! I grabbed some hot pad holders and took the candle outside where there were like 10 more bees. I totally freaked out and called my Western Exterminator technician. In the meantime, the missionaries were still there and were trapping the bees against the windows in cups. In all we counted 11! The bees were safely let go outside and that candle found a new home; the trash can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Holy cow! I'd throw the candle away too!! We have bees that are the size of beetles here- I've never seen anything like it before! they are attracted to a pretty purple flower that my firend has right by her front door. I tell her she has guard bee's instead of guard dogs! I would knock on her dorr and run back because the bee's freaked me out! My kids wouldn't even go near the door- they'd just call her kids and have them meet us outside! Finally she removed the flowers and the ginormous bee's are gone!
You didn't want 11 more family pets huh???
Post a Comment