The most important purpose I have is to love, care for, and nurture my husband and children. Anything that takes precedence over them is a deterrant from my ultimate goal. ~Audrey Taylor
Saturday, April 26, 2008
It's Okay to Cry
I was inches away from the breaking point today. Just having Elijah home with me all day for two days in a row. Ben worked on the townhouse painting and laying floorboard from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. At six I dropped everyone off at a birthday party and went to buy a present. I couldn't have gone in right then or I would have cried in front of everybody. When I saw Ben, a few different emotions hit me all at once. I was mad at him because he was gone all day. I was relieved to see him because I'm always comforted when he is near. And he smelled good from getting out of the shower. So I'm driving away from the birthday party and thinking, "Who should I call, I need to talk to someone." But I didn't want to depress anyone. I thought, "I should pray to Heavenly Father. But I don't feel like he is hear and I need someone I can look at who will look back at me and physically comfort me." Then I felt immediately, "Don't you have faith that Heavenly Father hears his daughter's prayers and that he will send someone to you that will do those things from him?" So I prayed, and I cried. And when I got back to the party I was just numb. I didn't want to say hi to Elijah (because he was really naughty to me and his sisters today.) I didn't exert any extra effort to be cheery. I just slowly came around. And now I feel fine. It's just been a hard day and I really need a backrub.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We all have days like that! too bad when I saw you yesterday things were crazy at my dads. I wish we could have visited. That party will be fun!
Those days are so hard, but it makes us thankful for the good easy days! I only tell myself these things so i don't cry everyday!!
Post a Comment