We went to Home Depot and bought a houseplant on Saturday. On the way home I was carrying the plant in my lap and saw a tiny green worm hanging from a leaf. I was quickly fascinated by this and put him on my finger to get a closer look. Now this worm was dark green (from eating my plant), skinny as a piece of thread, and about a centimeter long. So, when we got home I set him up with a bedroom - a small paper cup with a fresh leaf in it. For a day he was satisfied. I thought of a few names for him and decided on "Greenspun". So I checked on Greenspun twice a day and even got him out to play for a few minutes. Sunday I caught him on the rim of his cup and sang "Livin' on the Edge" by Aerosmith to him. I knew I would have to go to the pet shop to get him a sturdy covered cage. Well, by Monday afternoon Greenspun had ventured too far. He escaped his cup and we could not find him. Ben got home from work and I said, "Greenspun has been missing for twelve hours."
Friends and family, I don't think I will find him. This morning I saw worm poop on the counter but no sign of Greenspun, and without food he will starve. Well, since I did not take a picture of him in time to include him on my blog, this clipart will have to do!
3 comments:
Audrey, I'm sorry you lost your pet. Maybe if you sing to him he will come back. How did Elijah like him?
Leave out leaves!!! It would be so cool to find a beautiful butterfly hanging out one morning in your kitchen...Or most likely a moth eating all of your clothes!
Can I add you to my link list? Have you found my blog? You asked for all addresses and I'm not sure if you've found mine cause I haven't seen a comment.
Post a Comment