The most important purpose I have is to love, care for, and nurture my husband and children. Anything that takes precedence over them is a deterrant from my ultimate goal. ~Audrey Taylor
Monday, September 21, 2009
The Middle Child
Rachel is my middle child and I feel bad for her. I think she's beautiful and I love her SO much more than I think she even knows. She has been doing things and acting out and I think it's for two reasons: 1. It's her age (3) she gets into things and makes messes. 2. She is picked on by her older brother and is scolded for picking on her younger sister. I think she hasn't got a friend in the family a lot of the time. I have to be taking care of so many things day in and day out that I feel love for her, but I don't or can't pay her the attention she really needs. I see so much good in her, but she gets in trouble at home and she's pretty wild. A free spirit. I hope that throughout her life I can find little ways to develop our mother-daughter relationship fully. I feel spiritually close to her, but I don't want her to drift away from me. I want to play with her more than I do. When she is more proficient in talking then we can talk together and I can share my feelings with her. I tell Rachel, "I love you", all of the time. I hope she feels it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sometimes I feel like I favor Ammon over Hyrum. So lately I have been having one on one time with each boy where I totally focus on that child. Maybe that can help you? For example, today Hyrum and I watched nigahiga videos on youtube on my phone while lying on my bed. He didn't understand any of it, but he laughed when I did. It was something small, but it was still undistracted time spent enjoying my baby.
We have those same issues too. Cary is my "energetic" child. She gets more so when I have had a busy day, fussy baby, or cleaning. I figured out with her she just needs one on one every few hours, and not a long amount of time either. It could be only one or two minutes- doing a puzzle, reading a quick story, a polish of the nails... It has taken me four and half years to figure it out, but it has made a HUGE difference. Anothe rthing is we have mommy daughter dates every few months. They don't have to be expensive- just time where no one else is with you. Being middle child isn't easy- I know from expirience- but you eventually figure out you love surounding you- older and younger!
Ever since Emma came over, she has loved the name Rachel. She suggested the name for Quinn even though she knew it was a boy. She tells me that is what she plans on naming her daughter.
i feel the same about anna. i need to go on 1 on 1 outings w/ her i thinks. :)
it was wonderful to see you today!!! :)
She knows you love her. Just make sure every day you spend a few minutes with each one, reading a book, playing, whatever. With more kids it definately gets harder, but it is worth it.
Post a Comment