I was at the temple last night and I had a thought. We live in this world that we sing about: ...Heavenly Father created for me.... For the Beauty of the Earth....
Yet it is also referred to as the dreary world.
To us, in an earthly sense, this world has great beauty. But comparative to an eternal and grandure perspective it is the bottom of all that the Father has to offer. I don't want to waller around at the bottom here. We have been baptised and so we experience more of a Terrestial life however, we can do better than how we are currently doing. There are higher laws and principles. There are members, brothers and sisters, who have found this treasure and share their knowledge through writing books, speaking, being a living example... Anita Canfield wrote that we are daughters of God. Princes who are to become Kings act like kings. Princesses as well act like Queens. We must think of ourselves as and act like Godesses. Act meaning taking on the attributes of God and living those higher laws who Dr. John Lund speaks about. He takes us through the ten commandments and what we are not supposed to do, further explaining how to live the higher law. For example Thou Shalt Not Kill: most of us don't have a problem with that but we can obey that law by helping people be made alive in Christ.
When I was in the session last night there was a great spirit among the patrons in the room. I felt that these were all good people who had the same goals as me. We love the Lord, the gospel. We each have struggles along our lives. We all want to be better, stronger. We all came together to pray for the names on the prayer roll, not knowing who we were praying for but having faith that their lives would be touched by the hand of God. I felt so close to the covenant to live the Law of Consecration.
When the curtain went up I thought, "I want to live the Celestial way." We are all doing good, but I want to further prepare for the Celestial Kingdom and to live in the Presence of God and DO BETTER. Try harder, come to the Lord for help to renew myself each day. I'm so thankful for the temple. It helps me to know where I want to go and how to get there. It gives me a gift to take home each time I attend. It's the Celestial Way...
No comments:
Post a Comment