Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summerlin ER Visit

Tuesday night I had pain in my abdomin sooo badly. I went to bed but I couldn't get comfortable. Soon I had the chills so I woke Ben up to put another blanket on me. The next morning I woke up with THE worst headache, neck and back aches. My ab pain was so bad I couldn't walk. Ben ran to CVS and brought home gas relief, thera-flu, and gatorade. Kim took my kids for the day (thank goodness, I love you Kim!) I tried to rest but I wasn't feeling any better so I called my doc. They actually got me in that day (miracle #2...Kim was #1) He thought there was something seriously wrong like appendisitis so he sent me down to the ER. After several hours, blood tests, and a ct scan everything came back normal, however there was extra fluid in my abdomin. The ER dr said I most likely had ovarian cysts that ruptured so he perscribed an anti inflammatory and pain medication. Sister Hickey and Wendell Snow were miracles 3 and 4. She drove me and stayed with me until Ben could get there and Wendell was out our way and was able to come assist Ben in administering a blessing to me. I was released from the hospital around 10 p.m. and came home to a clean house and sleeping children thanks to my mom-in-law. I'm glad to say I am doing much better today!

7 comments:

Jill said...

That can be so scary. I'm glad you are doing better!

Anonymous said...

Audrey, I'm sorry you had a scare. I'm glad it wasn't anything too serious. Keep yourself healthy!! Thanks for sharing all the little blessings along the way!

Angie Larkin said...

There's nothing worse than feeling awful and they don't know why! Glad you are okay.

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Ouch Audrey! I am glad you got some much needed help that day!!

Tiffany said...

Holy heck!! That is so scary! I am so happy you're okay and that someone was able to take the kids! What a blessing!!! Take care sweetie!

K said...

I'm SOOO glad you're doing better, girl! I also have PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome (too many cysts on my ovaries). No bueno, huh? You're a trooper, though!! Rock on girl. Pain, pain, stay AWAY!!! Love ya girl! Kali

thecustercrew said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. Take care. Let us know if you need anything.