Monday, July 27, 2009

Busy July

Oh my gosh, it's been almost the whole month of July that I haven't written! We haven't had much down time this summer and it has not been easy. But whose life is?
Elijah and I attended karate camp a couple of weekends ago. It was great mother-son fun. We have all been going to rec center classes, even Tiffany has a tumbling kittens class. The kids were at Rosie Merback's house for swim lessons. I took my PLT test pertaining to my Special Education license on Saturday. Rachel is currently undergoing testing for developmental delays, so far it's only in speech. Our ward camp-out is coming up and I'm really looking forward to that. Love those outdoor bonding activities!
The AC unit on our townhouse went out and needs to be replaced. It's going to be between 4k-6k. Finances really stress Ben out especially when they hit like this. I told him that I could go to work for the school district in the Fall but that we would have to send little Tiffany away to a daycare. It made me so sad and Ben said his stomach dropped thinking about it. So we decided I will continue to stay home. Man, I love my family.
I'm so grateful for my friends as well. We have had some really neat people come into our ward since Ben has been the bishop and I've had the privillege of becoming friends with the different families.
Well, here's looking forward to school being back in session and our lives a little less hectic!

6 comments:

Darci Buhl said...

You sound like you are so busy! I don't know how you do it all. Must have super powers or something:) Lets try and get our kids together at least once this summer!

thecustercrew said...

Sounds like your having lots of fun. You have to hate the unexpected cash flow drain. I can't believe an AC unit for you condo would be so expensive. Alot of places are offering specials and they have the gov rebates too. Good Luck.

Tiffany said...

I know.... July has flown by like crazy!!! Sorry about the AC that totally sucks! I still can't believe Ben is a Bishop...that is so stinkin cool!

1..2..3..Painter Team said...

Hey! I am glad you still are an at home mommy-You are soo good at it. I miss you! I wish i had interesting things to write ie my thoughts and stuff .

Allison Juarez said...

I feel so bad about the ac unit. Although I must say that we are very grateful that it works again. I'm sure that's not much conselation to you right now though. Things will work out. We are grateful to you guys and for the place to live. Hang in there!

K said...

I LOVE that you did an event with just you and Elijah! How fun! And cute lil Tiffany! I hope the assessment and the tumbling kitten class work well. The A/C going out, though....AHHHHHHH....that's horrible! I hope it's fixed by now. The money stuff totally sux, but not having A/C is WAY worse! Vegas and no a/c do NOT go together! Good luck girlie! <3