Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Did You Check in the Toilet?

Tiffany is going through a "stage". Try to imagine your 4 year-old son peeing in the toilet then turning to flush and walk away and then the 18 month-old zooming in to throw a toy in just in time for it to go down and clog everything up before you can retrieve it! Oh I was so hot! I JUST had our plumber come fix the dang thing from the last toy she threw in there. So today it's nap time and I'm searching all over for the bottle I just made for her. The thought comes, "did you check the toilet?" Of course! Right! Everything else is in there! Sure enough I lift the lid and there's: poopie, wipees, a ruler, a binki, and a freshly made bottle of milk. Oh, disgusting!
So now every time I see her running towards a toilet I grab her by the hand and reroute her securing the bathroom door behind me!

11 comments:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Oooh that sounds fun, lol. I haven't had any of the kids obsessed with the toilet. Zack liked throwing things away in the trash can, like my house keys.

I would like to avoid a C-section if possible. All of my children so far have been Vag deliveries and if this baby gets too big, the Doctor wants to just do a C-section, that is why we all want the baby to come as long as his lungs are ready. I would hate to have the complication of the baby getting stuck and them breaking the baby's shoulders.

Jill said...

Ha. Oh, man! They do keep life from getting dull for us.

Allison Juarez said...

Ammon is in a stage where ALL the toilet paper has to go in the toilet. THE WHOLE ROLL! luckily it's not when anyone has gone to the bathroom, it's just in general. He used to throw everything in the trashcan (I lost my keys that way) when he was around a year old, and Hyrum is now doing the same. But we are fortunate not to have them thrown in the toilet (cause that's just gross! lol)

Darci Buhl said...

What is it with kids and toilets? Madeline does the same thing. agh. Her adoption is this Friday, and her sealing is on May 23rd at 5:30. We are going to do her blessing at our house afterwards too if you guys can make it:)

Remind me to tell you a funny story about the sealing date when I see you.

Darrell and Alissa said...

EWW! None of my girls have been intrigued to put things in the toilet and flush them down, but AShlee was the one who loved to drink toilet water- luckily when she was doing that Lexi was still wearing diapers so there were no extra goodies to find in the water!!

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Uhhhg! Becca loved to put tings in the toilet. She just always happened to put toilet paper in there! Good luck with that stage, I'm not envious!

thecustercrew said...

Yuck!! We have luckily never had to worry about such things. Which is amazing considering all of these boys around here. It sounds like it is time for a toilet lock at your house.

Perrero Clan said...

Something to look forward to when we have more kids :) LOL

Lesli Ray said...

they make latches you attach to the toilet so the kids can't open the lid!! good luck

1..2..3..Painter Team said...

Cute! Cants no fail gets my cellphone & puts it somewhere wet! I love sharing in your life. Miss you

i said...

life in NOT dull! :)