Saturday, May 2, 2009

Awesome Fun Pool Party for Rachel!!

Today we had a birthday party for Rachel. She turned 3 years old May 1st. We love our family and friends so much and couldn't stop thinking of people to invite to share in the joy. Elijah's birthday is next month. If you want to get together with us, let me know so I can send your family an invite in a couple weeks. We sent 50 out this time. One person graciously RSVP'd and two people called on their way. We really ended up with a massive party that filled our house and yard. It was SO MUCH FUN!!!
Elijah the fish!
Ben the "Hot Cook".
I love these swim trunks on Elijah. I got them for a spicy deal at Target $1.98.
Look at our cute little girls in tutus hats and flowers!
Rachel the birthday princess!!!
My dear friend Lesli who is more beautiful than she knows,
is sooo good with small children :>
I stole KeriAnne's hat so she's not actually smiling in this pic.
This was the princess attire that Rachel was begging for from the party store. We made her put the wings tutu and wand back but then WE went back to get them for her gift.
I love this man. I think we look like such a good couple here. It was great to have him home today to help with the party!
Here are a few guests at the pool; the Snow Family and the Rebers.
Rachel's cute little friend Brooke. Brooke's father is a good friend of mine from high school. It looks like the girls hit it off too. By the end of the party Brooke said to me, "So I'm thinking Rachel can come to my house."
We played fun games. We had a cupcake walk.
The forecast for today was cool and windy with a chance of showers. I was SO hopeful that the weather would be conducive to a good swim party. It rained on us at the park for Rachel's first birthday. She contracted chicken pox right before her 2nd birthday party. So I prayed last night that the sun would shine today; and it was gorgeous out!
My prego sister, it's her third and she's having a BOY!
Some gals from my ward who I love and look up to:
Alissa, Les, and Terreah with some of their children.
Thank you everyone for celebrating with us today. These are only a few of my favorite picutres from today :)

8 comments:

Angie Larkin said...

Good times! I too love a houseful. Those are memories you won't ever forget. It's a lot of mess and effort to throw a party, but so worth it.

Jill said...

Today was beautiful! I wish we could have been there and I'm so glad your princess was able to enjoy her day.

thecustercrew said...

It looks like so much fun. I'm sorry we missed it. Baseball eats up all of our time. We do have a cute little gift for her though.

Anonymous said...

I am sooo sorry my family missed it! Illness has invaded our home for the last month or so. If it's not one thing it's another. Hopefully we will be healthy enought to attend Elijahs party!!!!

Darci Buhl said...

I'm sorry we missed it! We went out of town. Glad it went well and that you guys had fun.

Lesli Ray said...

I actually think the pics of me don't suck that much. So thanks for making me look so good!

Allison Juarez said...

It was such fun! Ammon cried, "no go home! Happy you Yous Rachel! Rachel's house!!" The whole way home. He was so mad at us for leaving. Glad to be invited!

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

So fun! It makes me sad that we live so far away! Your hair is cute. When did you chop it?! Happy , Late Birthday Rachel!