Saturday, June 21, 2008

Unimportant

Perhaps it's just because I'm really sleepy since it's after midnight, but I'm feeling kind of unimportant. I'm not even on half of my peoples blog lists. Other people have tons of comments on their posts. I want to have a best friend. Maybe it's just because I only began blogging three months ago, but I don't feel like I have a lot of readers. This will be my test. I'm predicting no more than 5 comments. More realistically 2 or 3.

11 comments:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

I already added you to my list and google reader before I even saw this, actually once I found your blog. I don't get a lot of comments either.

i said...

Audery, Audrey, Audrey….I love you and you are a dear, dear friend. This feeling too shall pass. I have to say, don’t we all feel like that at different times?? I know I have….Good Luck…and don’t give up. If you build it, they will come. Love, Julie.

i said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kierst said...

I think every one who starts a blog wonders this very thing- I know I did, but it did get better after a few months- however, Google reader has helped me to comment less on peoples posts- I should be better about it- but truly I have been keeping up with your blog for a while and added a link to yours on mine- is that okay?

Kierst said...

Oh and Dashboard confessional sings the song and I was doing the push-ups....yeah for lovely lovely hated push-ups

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Audrey, I feel the same way. I know peoplw are reading it because I have a counter. Sometimes all I have time to do is read everyone's, I feel lucky if I get a chance to leave a comment.

Darrell and Alissa said...

I'm too lazy to log in to be able to leave a comment! But feel loved- I am mocked for checking EVERYONE"S blog EVERY day! I love when someone has updated- I just don't have time to comment as quick as I check! The stinkin lonely feelings- they won't stay forever- I promise!!
BTW- I had to sign in just for you, so I could make a comment!!;)

Mortensen Family said...

Wow, I am not alone! And neither are you. I am just getting my blog really going, so I understand. I don't get very many posts. I have enjoyed your comments on my blog.
Love Ya, Liz :)

Darci Buhl said...

Unimportant? Ha. I look at your blog daily...a bit stockerish, I know:) But really, how else will I know whats going on in your life?
Oh, and keep the advise coming:) Your comments are some of the funniest I get.

Jenn Shields said...

I agree with Darci, we all stalk! I have a statcounter on my blog so I know who's reading it everyday they just don't leave comments. Which for me is fine, because I really lack in the 'comment leaving' department too. It can be a downer, thinking you wrote something great and profound and no one had anything to say about it, it's ok we all go through it! Wait until you want to be invited to a private blog and they deny you - that gets interesting. jk. Keep writing.. we all love to read about your adorable kids, I'll be better at leaving comments. :)

Angie Larkin said...

Why oh why is self esteem irrevocably connected with the number of comments we get? I totally know how you feel. I just love how honest you are Audrey. You seriously have not one drop of guile in you. Once my husband walked up to a group of strangers in our ward when we were newlyweds and flat out asked, Can I be friends with you guys? I was so embarassed, but you know what? They are good friends to this day and what's wrong with asking for freinds anyway? So there you go...here's a big fat comment for you sealed with a kiss!!!