Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Oh man, what a day!

Okay, so Elijah kept waking up Monday night and on Tuesday his school called me and said he kept putting his head down and didn't want to play, not being himself, yada dada da... I kept him home today (so his teachers wouldn't think, "geez what a slavedriver!") No one could take a nap because we all take naps when he is at school. After I tried soooo hard to get Rachel down, he woke her up after 20 minutes. So everyone was cranky, I was trying very diligently to keep breathing and not get angry. So I prayed and decided to take the kids to the park. We had sandwhiches at the counter, a lady in the ward brought by a huge sturdy rocking horse for our kids because hers are grown now, and then we finally made it out the door. Elijah and Rachel ran around for a little while while I nursed Tiffany to sleep and talked to another parent (that was nice). So I laid her in her carseat and went to push the other two on the swings. I had a water bottle that I squirted each kid with as they swung upward towards me. It probably felt great as today neared 100 degrees. Their laughs indicated that they enjoyed it! We then went through McDonalds to get ice cream cones (because I wanted to keep them out of the house as long as I could). We drove around town until Rachel fell asleep. Elijah was still hangin in there. We went home and I made dinner. It was so much more peaceful than this morning. You mix 4 Tbsp honey, 2Tbsp brown sugar, 2Tbsp cidar vinegar, 1 Tbsp dijon mustard and slather it over pork chops then bake it at 375 for 20-25 min. Yum Yum Yum After the bedtime routine Rachel had me laying in her bed for an hour. I finally left her in there to go watch Farmer Wants A Wife. So I stayed up a hour later to have time to myself. I'll pay for it tomorrow. I really like what my cousin Jill posted on her blog about being a mother. I read the other comments and her mom (my aunt Paula) said the kids turn out fine. That gives me a good reason to not stress out so much. Love ya friends and family!

3 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

Hang in there. I remember those days. I made myself a hermit until a really good friend made me go out and do one thing a week. It was stressful, but it always made me reenergized. Don't worry, it doesn't get easier, just different stresses!

Kylea said...

Ummm... Audrey I didn't make those grad things 4 kiersty and seth. she has another cousin named Kylie.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Those days are so hard- and exhausting! I'm so thankful for bedtime on those days!