Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Feel Greatly Blessed

I am really excited about my new calling. I am the Visiting Teaching Coordinator once again and this time was officially sustained in sacrament. Still awaiting the setting apart blessing, nonetheless ready to carry forward with my responsibilities. Today I met with the Relief Society President and was there at the church for several hours to print and plan companionships. I was blessed to have a sister in my ward volunteer to watch my small children for me. When I came home I put together a binder with everything separated and labelled for easy access and order. A miracle happened tonight. The ward clerk who is supposed to send a quarterly report to Salt Lake stopped me on Sunday and asked me what I could do to get him the numbers from December. After printing out all of the paperwork today I was able to get in touch with each district supervisor and get that report for him.
I really feel happy and blessed to be engaged in the Lord's work this way. I imagine it must be similar to the angelic secretaries beyond the veil who keep track of each person and how they are doing. It is one way I can be involved with missionary work as each new sister who moves in or is baptised recieves a visiting teacher. I feel Heavenly Father's love for me and for His daughters in this ward. It's such a great blessing!

5 comments:

i said...

one of my FAVORITE callings! have fun! :)

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Congrats on the new calling. It is a very big calling. Glad all is working out. I know Heavenly Father is watching over you!

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Hey Audrey, I remember you mentioning that you wanted to go to the Love and Logic class. We are having a lady come for Enrichment at our Ward that teaches it.

"Tuesday May 11 - Parenting Class with Love and Logic presented by JoAnn Worthen Nelson"

Let me know if you want to come with me.

thecustercrew said...

It is always nice to get a new calling to mix things up a bit. You'll be great at it.

Tiffany said...

You'd be GREAT at any calling!! How are you?? It's been a while!! Take care!!