Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Little Goodie Bags

They are so precious... all tuckered out, fast asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillows tonight. It really is a chore to work at having patience, but well worth it. The day is all done and I waited through so many tantrums, fights, and battles that the children steadfastly put up. There are always many opportunities to jump on the radio flyer wagon and get into those battles with the kids, just magnifying them. I am thankful to report I have no regrets for today.
Instead of stumbling to my bed too tired to pray, desparate with a headache, apprehensive about tomorrow and feeling guilty from today - I chanced waking the kids up just so I could tiptoe into their rooms and look upon their beautiful beings as they lay asleep. I felt so good and the feeling I recieved inside confirmed that everything I am doing is right. I'm so thankful for the daily guidance I get from the Holy Ghost and for the desire to do better each day.
I'm so thankful for my three little goodie bags and for the opportunity I have to raise, teach, protect, and love each of these special people.

7 comments:

Allison Juarez said...

Do you ever stop and think, "wow, my child is the most beautiful child in the world!" And then wonder if every mother in the world also thinks that of her children too? I guess it's because we love them so much.

Jill said...

I love good days!
Yay for you!

Angie Larkin said...

So true. I love my kids. Being a mom is unlike anything.

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

I love good days. And I love the term goodie bags. With kids you get something new in them everyday!

Tiffany said...

So true!!! Those are days where I go to sleep with a smile on my face!! Mom life is great!

Michelle said...

What a sweet post! It seems like no matter how frustrating the day is, there is always satisfaction in sneaking a peak of my sleeping angel and thinking how lucky I am to be a mommy!

Alyssa McVey said...

I love watching the little ones sleep. They look so sweet, even after causing havoc all day! :)