
~ I can make a difference if I believe I can.
~I am worthy and have faith that I am.
~I am a daughter of God, I know I am.
~I can accomplish the Lord's work, I know I can.
It felt really good to acknowledge those things. And then I had yet another experience today which led me to make a vow to Heavenly Father. I was visiting my grandmother this morning for Mother's Day and before it was time for me to go I knelt down and looked in her eyes. Touching her arm I said, "You have a beautiful day." I felt something inside. The sensation was like my spirit was springing up, leaping from my body and touching hers. It kind of felt good but it made me nervous to realize how strong it is. Travelling home I wondered, "Why am I not like that more often? I have it in me..." And I know it's because it takes faith to get out of my comfort zone and be who I really am. So my vow to Heavenly Father was that I would be my better self, using the vitality of my spirit to embrace and strengthen others. Of course it was a long prayer which I don't remember the half of, good thing it's recorded in heaven. But I believe that we encounter points in our lives when it's time to grow, developing further to our potential. Aware of faltering, I made the decision that I would roll over and get right back up, looking at the positive things in life to keep me going. Knowing that the more I committ myself to my vow, Heavenly Father will also be strengthening me all the way. So eventually it won't be uncomfortable to stand and shine vibrantly. I'm so grateful for this weekend!
5 comments:
Happy Mother's Day. I think we all need to believe in ourselves a little bit more. Heavenly Father does, otherwise he would not have entrusted us with these little ones.
I love that picture of you with the rose. Very sweet and sexy!!
What a great post , Audrey! I agree that each of us sometimes sell ourselves short. We need to remember who we are, Daughters of God. Because of this, we have every potential within ourselves to be like Him. Thanks for the reminder. Happy Mother's Day!
PS I might have to steal those thought and post them on my wall for a reminder everyday!
Beautiful! I love it.
I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day. I am certain you deserved it.
thanks for the reminder! "i think i can!" love ya!
Post a Comment