What if you went to the doctor for a routine checkup and the doctor found something wrong with you? It happens to us as we get older. I'm getting white straggly hairs on the top of my chocolate-brown crown, my feet are stiff when I wake up in the mornings. We're getting older. I was at the doctors office today and he heard a murmur in my heart. It wasn't loud, but he'll check on it again in six months. It really got me thinking how much longer I have to live on this earth. 5 years, 10, 20? I thought about what I need to do to be prepared and worthy to inherit the Celestial Kingdom. My Bishop I had as a youth, Kelly Adams, said to us in a BYC meeting one Sunday, "We want the Celestial Kingdom or nothing!" His words have stuck with me and I've repeated them to the youth I now teach. So I asked myself, "What do you want to do?" The one thing I want to do right... is raise my son justly and with love. I have to do that right or I wouldn't feel worthy to be in the Celestial Kingdom. Don't take me yet, I have one more thing to do, prove myself worthy by overcoming the trials of motherhood set forth by this one special spirit, a child of God. That's my shortcoming. I don't always do it right, it's a work in progress. Perhaps if I would release tension, frustration, and anger from my heart, the murmur will close. It definately burns in my chest like a refiners fire, I just need to hearken to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and let go of resisting. Be more embracing, accepting, loving and encouraging. I know I will become more like Christ if I let my heart be softened. It will be beneficial for my physical health.
So friends, what do you want to do before you go to the Celestial Kingdom?
4 comments:
This makes me think of that quote by Pres. McKay, "No success can compensate for failure in the home".
Raising my kids is the number one thing I have to do. It is what consumes me now in this season. But I do hope to discover many other ministries where I can be of service in the later seasons of my life.
For tomorrow, I need to make it through the day without yelling, really listen to my kids with an open mind and heart, love my sweet husband, and make time to study the word of God.
Take care, Audrey.
I want to teach my kids faith and how to endure through their mistakes and their own trials. And I don't really think of what I can do to get in the highest kingdom. I read a book called Believing in Christ. I understand the promise Christ has given to me. I just try to keep the commandments and repent when I do wrong - which is very often.
I want to have a true understanding of the Atonement, after reading the Peacegiver, it really made me realize how much we take for granted what Christ has done for us. If I can have that true understanding then I can teach it to my kids who will benefit from that knowledge. But really, I can't think about how much longer I have here on earth- it really freaks me out. I know we are promised so many things, and i am thankful for that knowledge, but the thought of not seeing my kids and speaking to them when they feel they need me makes me really sad. I think of how many times mom wants to talk to dad, obviously we know he is vrey busy up there, but I also know he hears her- but how great would that be if you could just pick up a special phone and chat for a minute?!
Crap......I think I am little freaked!!! I want to KNOW the Savior. I want to feel like I have done ALL the good I need too. Man... there is WAY too much to list!
Post a Comment