Hello family and friends! So sorry it's been about two weeks since I have written. Our home was burglarized two Sundays ago while we were at church. They broke into the bathroom window with a screwdriver and searched through drawers, cabinets, chests, and closets upstairs and down. They did not damage anything and hardly left a mess. They were just looking for money; they did not take any of our property. Yes, they got $600.00. Then two days ago, Ben went out to get in his car to go to work and someone had smashed an egg on the hood of his car. Pretty gutsy since he parks in the driveway facing the house. Someone had to walk onto our property to do that. Then last night as he was pulling into the driveway from work, something punctured his tire and let all the air out of it. I was pretty dampered after all of this nevertheless I know it is the adversary trying everything he can to get us depressed. Underneath all of the sadness that these events brought, I know that I am safe and that Heavenly Father is keeping watch and protection over our home and family.
On another note... I had a few goals for this year. I did a main New Years Resolution, and then a four-part smaller goal. My resolution is to stay within the $100 weekly budget that Ben has set for groceries, toilettries, cleaning supplies, and baby necessities. (Obviously I won't be able to buy everything each week.) Spiritually I would like to attend the temple 30 times this year. Physically I would like to lose 30 lbs. in three months. Mentally I will follow the daily routine I have created for my children and home. (It's easy and it meets all of our needs.) Socially I would like to get together with a different long-time friend each month for playdates to keep in touch.
How am I doing? I've gone to the temple once so far. I've been eating a balanced diet and have worked out almost every day. I have more energy which will serve me well tonight as I am testing for my Green belt in Karate. I've been following my daily routine and have put the girls down for a nap at the same time each day, hooray! And I have a playdate scheduled with Julie Morris next Monday, yay! The weekly budget, I haven't overspent so far and I've been writing everything down that I spend the $100 on.
What are your goals right now?
11 comments:
I can't believe your house was broken into. That's so scarey! Glad no one was home.
Good job on the goals! I need to follow your lead, I haven't htought too seriously about mine.
Thank Heavens you were all gone when it happened. It sounds like someone has it out for you guys. One of my neighbor's installed a camera outside their house after their vehicle was broken into. You sure don't want those things to continue.
I'd love to do another play date :)
One of my friends is having a coupon thing at her house where we learn how to save a lot of money, sometimes over half of what you would normally buy. It is January 28th I believe. Let me know if you want to come with me.
Audrey..My goodness I can't believe all of that other stuff that has happened! What a crazy two weeks you have had. You are Fabulous though!
I am so sorry! I can't believe your house was broken into! DANG IT!!! So sucky!!
On another note..........YAHOO for you and your AWESOME goals! You rock! i am excited for you and I just love goals!
I love how much we seem to have in common. I'm so sorry about the bad stuff, but I love your attitide and the positive affirmations you give yourself. I know how much that helps. I began a clense this year to help me kick start my weightloss goal and I feel so much better already. Also on my resolution list: finally get together with my blog buddy Audrey!
Im sorry about the break-in. I have made a budget of $85 dollars a week on groceries this year too. I was so happy I only spent $58 this week because I refused to pruchase anything that wasn't on sale. I hope you plan on getting together with us!
I can't believe it- how scary! Too bad the person didn't break in on a day Elijah decided to pee on things, and the water park kitchen- those tihngs would have made anyone run back out!:) I would feel so strange knowing someone had been in the house, and egged Ben's car- why are people so MEAN?! Glad to hear your resolutions- you are motivating me!
wow audrey! dang meanie people! i'm sorry they have invaded and annoyed! i'm looking forward to playing with you. i want to see patty and jill too. lets do something all together!
That is HORRIBLE-about your the burglary-that is one of my worst fears (along with shark attack and heights and crashing & falling into water in a car etc) well, I am glad all is well. I wish I lived in Vegas so I could have a playdate. take care
The nerve of some people. It still makes me mad. Why do people think they have any right to someone elses belongings. At least the just took money and didn't damage anything. We lost all small electronics and lots of other things when our house was broken into. The worst thing was they took the video camera, which had 3 years worth of tapes in the case. It's amazing. Some things you can replace others you can't. The last time my parents danced was in those tapes.
I'm sorry to hear about your break in and the other happenings! I'm glad everyone is ok. Your goals are great...you set a great example for me and always have! I would love to set up a play date for our kids to play! Email me or send me your email...britt_velo@yahoo.com
Post a Comment