The most important purpose I have is to love, care for, and nurture my husband and children. Anything that takes precedence over them is a deterrant from my ultimate goal. ~Audrey Taylor
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Sunday Blues
We all had a good day at church... and then we came home. Duhn duhn duhn... I had this impression to call somebody. I was exhausted and today was one of those days I knew I needed help. I did not heed the prompting, call it pride, I don't know who and don't want to call and disrupt someone's Sabbath. So I laid down on the couch to get a nap while the kids were playing in the living room. I woke up to Elijah saying, "Mom, Rachel's cutting your towels with the scissors!" One of my brand new Christmas gifts from a dear friend, brightly colored kitchen cloths. Rachel had cut the corner off of one; but that was not the bad news. The kitchen floor and all surrounding areas were flooded with water and ice cubes from the refrigerator. My kids made a water park by pushing the buttons to make water and ice come out and they all three were soaked! No problem, we cleaned it up with large bath towels. A while later, Tiffany had foloowed the kids upstairs and was now crying. I told all of them they need to come down and play. I went up and raised my voice following behind the laggers clapping my hands to get them moving. I stayed behind to straiten a few things and when I was walking down the stairs I saw Elijah in the dining room with his pants to his ankles spraying across two chairs hitting his sister in the back and the wall in front of her! I said, "Stay right there!" NO, I did not grab the camera. I grabbed the "spanking spoon" and whopped his bum once, then texted Ben ~ Finally broke the wooden spoon~. I sent him to the naughty step and when I asked him, "Why did you pee in the dining room and not go to the bathroom?", he replied, "I didn't know where it was." "Bull shit!" I yelled. And this is after I just put down the Power of a Positive Mom book I'm reading. We get out the play doh and have fun together when I hear glass shatter in the famous dining room. I say, "What broke?!" Rachel had poured out salt all over the table and dropped the shaker on the ground. I'm telling you it takes like one minute for things to happen and if it was anybody else I'd be laughing. Finally the Bishop drops by for dinner and everyone is happy because they are eating. (Not on ice, pee, or salt because it had been cleaned up.) When daddy takes tired and crying Rachel into the living room she throws up all down his back. Anyway, I got in the tub (literally) with Rachel and put the kids to bed all by 7:23 p.m. While Ben and I are doing dishes together I'm telling him about my day and said I feel so bad for him that while he is having the Spirit with him all day and listening to everybody elses hardships, he comes home to a yelling spanking wife who offends his Spirit. After Ben asked if I was done confessing. He said, "Oh yeah, like you have a perfect husband that does everything right and doesn't make mistakes." "You see? It puts a lot of pressure on me!", I said. We both laughed. And now we have the night to ourselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Oh man! I am so glad you have a sense of humor about it.
Every mom has a cuss word of choice and most would have brought it out on a day like that. Our sacrament meeting behavior was less than stellar today. Here's to next week being better for everyone. :)
Audrey your so fun, even when you think your being bad! Everything will be just fine and I'm sure you are not the first LDS wife or mom to cuss. A matter of fact I am almost positive. I love you Audrey!!!
What a crappy day! I hope today is better:) Youre a great mom, and your kids are adorable. You do such a good job with them! A swear word or two wont kill anybody:)
i'm guessing the vomit was due to salt??? yuck! oh the GLORY in motherhood!!! i'm glad you have a good husband to laugh with after such a hard day....and that you got the kids in bed at 7:23! that's awesome. next time i hope you make the call. :)
Oh heavens, Aud! This made me laugh my head off....and shake my head at the same time. =) I LOVE that you share things like this. What a DAY!!! Hil-freakin-arious! Also, it's perfectly understandable that you were at the end of your rope and caught off guard. Saying "bull poo" probably wouldn't have had the same effect. =) ha ha ha...I ADORE YOU AUDS!!!!
Oh my Gosh girl!! I feel for you! Cussing, unfortunantly is a staple when I am furious, a goal I need to work on! I am so sorry for you. That is worse than any day I have ever gone through! Your better than me because when my husband came home I would have left for awhile to take a breather! I'm glad you have such a great husband who understands!!
Sweetie, I am so sorry!!! the spirit was also talking to me that day. Telling me to call you and I ignored it cause it was Sunday and didn't want to disturb you. Next time we both need to listen, I would have been so happy to take your kids for a few hours to let you rest.(You know how I love them) I was happy to see that I am not the only mom that will occasionally lose her cool and throw out the cuss words. Remember, you'll miss these days when they get older.... well maybe not this day, but some of the others.
I had to laugh!! What a hard day- but i do have to say you are brave to lay down and try and nap while all 3 kids are awake- I still don't dare while Carly's awake and she's 4! Good thing is you know you can survive so many things all at once- I for sure would have been throwing around a few choice words- some women may have better control over their mouth and i'm not one!! Glad your day is over and done and that Ben was so good to listen and laugh with you- well hopefully laugh with you and not cry with you!!:)
Oh Audrey...I thought I was the only crazy lady on the block! I hate those days. Sometimes it feels like they happen too often. You are an angel and don't dwell on it. Start again fresh. Thanks for sharin.
Holy crap!!! I swear it's days like those that make question my sanity!!! I swear a mental house sounds better at times then mine! Hahaha!
Thanks for sharing because I now know that other moms have VERY bad days just like me! You are so great and I appreciate you!
wow, what a crazy sunday.
ps, go read my blog!
thanks for sharing-today I grabbed eleni by her pony tail & I usually feel guilty but today I was trying to JUSTIFY it & it kinda worked. UGH! Love you
Audrey,
Sunday just hasn't been your day. I heard about you adventure last sunday after the baby blessing. I've been meaning to call you, but it has been a little crazy around here. (obviously, since I am blogging at 2:45 am) I hope everything is ok. Call me.
I just got your card in the mail :) I loved it and am glad you re sent it out.
Post a Comment