Monday, September 8, 2008

I really like to sew!

My friend Anna Clark is soooo sweet! I was testing in karate tonight for my 7th degree blue belt and her husband is on the board judging us so when I saw her come in, I thought she was just there to watch testing.

She made rice krispy treats. I know, yummy. And brought me a birthday card with a gift certificate to Joanne's ~a fabric store. I thought that was such an appropriate gift. It just touches my heart when people know you well enough to know what would put a smile in your spirit.



Anna is also currently training for a marathon. You can check out her blog on my left sidebar, it's the link to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

4 comments:

Jill said...

When I logged on to your blog tonight I got to hear the Simple Gifts hymn. I love that one.
I also love that you love to sew.

Sometimes I feel guilty for not doing more of the crafty things that I see so many other LDS moms doing, but then I remind myself,"They find time for that because they like it. You don't think you have time, Jill, because you don't like it". :)

I am hoping to like it someday though.

Halloween is coming up soon and Katy wants to be a peacock of all things; maybe I can prove myself wrong this year.

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Go you!! That is awesome you are pursuing Karate. I would like that.

We are totally young, especially since we have 4 children. I don't always do good as a mother, but I have been trying to make more of an effort to enjoy the simple things. I keep thinking of the book, "The Hurried Child". I need to pick it up again.

When is a good time to get together?

Catherine Noorda said...

what a good friend. how thoughtful. do you really like to sew? i don't even know how to turn a sewing machine on but i think it would be so fun to learn.

your kids are going to be SO proud of their mom who can kick some bum!

-KJ said...

HAPPY BELATED! Sorry, I have only checked a few blogs at a time lateley! Hope you had a great day, and hope you did well on your test!

What a cute family pic!!!