Sunday, June 15, 2008

King Ben

We made Ben a crown that said #1 DAD. He wore it all day. Except for at church. That would have been pretty funny as he was conducting.

Here's Rachel throwing a tantrum on the floor because she didn't want to be in the picture above.
Our Relief Sociaty made bags of carmel corn and snickers for the fathers in the ward. They had tags that read something like, "Don't snicker or think it's corny, but we love having you as a father..."
Here is one of my elderly mothers. Her name is Barbara and I love her because even though she may appear to be small and quiet, she's actually quite strong nearly knocking me over when she hugs me. I first noticed her when I heard her strong and straight forward voice speaking up from the back of our gospel doctorine class.
Back to King Ben. I made dinner early before church so that we could spend time together today. After Ben opened his cards and we placed his crown on him, we made a cake for him. After dinner and cake we picked out some smelly-good lotion and we all rubbed Bens feet and back. Well, the kids got carried away hopping up and down on his back! Then we played the, "I love daddy because..." game. Elijah said he loved his daddy because he plays with him. Rachel and Tiffany can't talk yet, but we know they love him, too. I love Ben because he is a good man and because I know he loves us so much.



4 comments:

Angie Larkin said...

What a funny post. I love how you included Rachael's tantrum. That is so real life. You guys are so cute.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Rachel seems too funny! Happy Father's Day Ben!

i said...

Yes, I love the tantrum documentation. Great for future reference....when she has a toddler that does just that. Anna is on the verge of perfecting the meltdown. Any day!

KoalityBear said...

Dylan has those same Spiderman pajamas!